The Team One C.O.R.E.
C = Collaborative
Builds and sustains strong, genuine relationships with people of all levels and takes positive steps to extend network and cultivate connections.
O = Optimistic
Is utterly reliable, always delivers on promises and maintains the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
R = Results-Driven
Acts strategically to exceed goals and has the ability to adapt to changes in process and execution.
E = Entrepreneurial
Constantly looking for and identifying actionable and thought-provoking opportunities for the company and executing them.
Team One Dallas / LA Paradigm:
Dallas Team members are: top performers, respected by client and staff, experts at relationship management, superior connectors with excellent listening, interpretation + communication skills, flexible, resilient, self + socially aware, positive, impeccable with their word + they understand their strengths and weaknesses in addition to possessing very high Emotional Quotients. We will ensure that Dallas and LA offices are seen as one company, both dedicated to Lexus and LDA success with the highest level of service, commitment and seamless integration.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) leads complex initiatives. This role may oversee and manage a team of mid and associate level Project Managers as well, in support of the overall management and effectiveness of the Project Management team at various levels. The SPM runs point on the concepting and production of highly complex multi-channel projects across all disciplines, with the goal of ensuring timely input from agency subject matter experts. This position also helps to establish, maintain and evaluate processes that pertain to all disciplines, balancing efficiencies, best practices and consistency with flexibility, creative solutions and evolving process alternatives.
Day to Day:
- The primary responsibility of the Dallas Senior Project Manager is to oversee and support multiple campaigns and initiatives working with both Dallas and LA offices
- Acting as an integrator and liaison, this role is key to ensuring that leads understand priorities and expectations of work and work in progress, communicating all key efforts and challenges across mediums
- Working closely with Project Management leadership, this role will help on behalf of Project Management and workflow
- Partners closely with leads in LA for cross-medium communication and integration
- Can give quick assessments on cost/time estimates and scope for multiple mediums working with both offices
- Will work on project planning and scoping with frequent communication with LA leads to review projects Leadership/Mentorship
- Fosters a culture of creative solutions
- Builds morale, providing recognition and appreciation within the immediate group
- Supports and encourages continued education for the team
- Champions the goals and needs of the team within the agency
- Works with Associate Director on resourcing, support and daily supervision of the PM team, ensuring workload of team is level loaded and appropriate
- Assists in search, recruitment, cultivation and the retention of top-notch staff
- May oversees a support team of 1+, working to provide guidance, training and project support while conducting and overseeing performance evaluations
Process/Workflow/Best Practices/Deliverable Quality
- Assists in the development of agency protocol in conjunction with subject-matter experts and agency leaders
- Continually pursues ways to optimize workflow across mediums, groups and offices balancing efficiencies, best practices and consistency with flexibility, creative solutions and evolving processes and alternatives that can drive change towards implementation
- Supports and participates in the training of new team members and provides ongoing updates
Business Impact/Scope/Project Initiation
- The role understands and is fluent in the needs and deliverables for all mediums, projects and campaigns – timing, budgets, requirements, how they affect scope and is able to identify significant project constraints or assumptions
- Identifies and allocates Project Management resource needs to cover projects
- Is concerned with the quality of the products leaving the agency
- Has the conversations with the appropriate project stakeholders within the agency to provide project plans to address scope creep if projects take on a new path
- Actively pursues expanding personal knowledge and education through internal partnerships as well as seeking out opportunities to learn outside of the agency
Initiative Communication and Integration
- Supports integration efforts for active projects, fostering collaboration between internal departments in the creative development process
- Leads project communications internally, between all departments, communicating directly with individuals to clarify and reiterate the scheduled deliverables, relay revision requests, record progress, and address any obstacles
- Works with teams to determine paths of escalation as needed and ensure clear understanding between all parties on all projects across campaign efforts
- Documents certain internal meeting decisions, maintains project documents, ensuring accuracy based on real-time status and ensures affected team members are aware of changes and impact
- Develops project plans, partnering with appropriate leads of multi-channel campaigns to seek efficiencies and coordinate on behalf of budget, project parameters and creative vision
- Anticipates potential project issues, develops contingency plans when risks are identified and provides options to help prevent issues from becoming challenges
- Works to manage and mitigate scope impact with appropriate team members, escalating significant change
- Responsible for project calendar, provides implications of, and solutions for, missed dates
- Facilitates deliverable deadlines with focus on stabilizing the shifting “project triangle” (Budget, Schedule, Scope)
- Reviews and routes work for internal approvals to ensure Quality Controls are transpiring (Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Product, Proofreading, etc.) and records approvals
- Responsible for project financials, regular reporting and partnering with Producers for escalations
Experience: This position requires 5+ years of Project Management experience overseeing multi-discipline and cross-medium deliverables (broadcast, interactive/digital and print).
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Skills and Abilities: This person must be highly organized, with a charismatic, diplomatic and varied communication style. Works well under pressure. Able to focus on details and see the big picture. This role requires an understanding of the cause and effect of complex interrelated projects. A relentless seeker of solutions, this person is able to have hard conversations, remaining assertive and respectful.