The Team One C.O.R.E.
C = Collaborative
Builds and sustains strong, genuine relationships with people of all levels and takes positive steps to extend network
and cultivate connections.
O = Optimism
Is utterly reliable, always delivering on promises and maintains the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
R = Results-Driven
Acts strategically to exceed goals and has the ability to adapt to changes in process and execution.
E = Entrepreneurial
Constantly looking for and identifying actionable and thought provoking opportunities for the company and executing them.
The Associate Director of Project Management assists in the overall management and effectiveness of project management teams at various levels. The ADPM establishes and maintains processes and resources that pertain to all disciplines. Works not just to make sure that projects and project managers are successful, but works to make sure that the PM department is a successful part of the IP group and the agency. The ADPM will also manage an oversee projects to which they are assigned. The departmental oversight responsibilities below will be balanced with the standard responsibilities of managing projects.
Day to Day:
Project Assignments and Scope
- Partners with Director of Project Management and Workflow (DOPMAW) in resource forecasting to cover anticipated projects and campaigns.
- Identifies and allocates Project Management resources to cover projects.
- Identifies interviews and hires Project Management candidates who can help the agency meet its goals and the needs of its clients.
- Makes sure that utilization and efficiency are front of mind for resources assigned to projects.
- Works to project upcoming work and supports the agencies scope monitoring procedures
- Partners with DOPMAW in leadership, support and daily supervision of the Project Management Team: inspires, motivates, trains, reviews, and mentors as appropriate.
- Leads processes audit to ensure they comply with best practices.
- Constantly searches and strives to hire and retain top-notch project management staff.
- Develops and participates in the training of new team members, provides ongoing process updates, and maintains consistency of agency’s best practices.
- Assists in the development of agency’s best practices in conjunction with subject-matter experts, agency leaders and industry trends.
- Guides the PM team in addressing issues that arise on projects.
- Champions the goals and needs of the team within the Agency.
- Partners with the DOPMAW in department structure and resources to manage to strengths and provide appropriate growth.
- Continually pursues to find Best Practices in the industry and drives change towards implementation
- Owns the process plan in conjunction with DOPMAW.
- Is concerned with both the quality of the products leaving the agency as well as smart business minded decisions in relationship to staffing and profitability.
- Actively pursues expanding personal knowledge and education through internal partnerships as well as seeking out opportunities to learn outside of the agency.
Project Communication and Integration
- Oversees integration efforts for active projects, ensuring PMs have the necessary tools for fostering collaboration between internal departments in the creative development process.
- Supports PMs and their efforts to enforce proper internal communications and communication between departments
- Makes sure that projects and resources are integrating as needed
- Maintains a working knowledge of all media disciplines.
- Schedules the second internal creative review (ICR II), which includes idea management, idea production, idea creation and idea communication.
- Ensures the agency’s point of view champions the work being presented to the client.
- Obtains the required approvals for the copy, scripts, layouts, proofs, and etc.
- In addition, heavily involved with Project Communication/Integration, Project Assignments/Scope, Project Budget/Scope, Project Schedule/Time Management, Project Approvals/Quality , Project Documentation, Project Resources (Internal) and Project Resources (External)
Experience: 8 - 10 years
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: This person must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style.