The Team One C.O.R.E.
C = Collaborative
Builds and sustains strong, genuine relationships with people of all levels and takes positive steps to extend network and cultivate connections.
O = Optimism
Is utterly reliable, always delivering on promises and maintains the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
R = Results-Driven
Acts strategically to exceed goals and has the ability to adapt to changes in process and execution.
E = Entrepreneurial
Constantly looking for and identifying actionable and thought provoking opportunities for the company and executing them.
The Account Executive (AE) supports the Account Supervisor (AS) and senior team members in day-to-day client business management. The AE is the steward of the client relationship and clients’ business needs. Responsibilities include maintaining relations with multiple clients and supervising the execution of materials from the strategic aspect of the clients’ business. Encompasses both online and offline projects happening simultaneously. Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business. Works with all departments in the agency and must respect process and integration.
Day to Day:
- Understand clients’ business and products.
- Build rapport and credibility with client to comfortably engage in frequent client contact.
- In absence of a senior idea management group, field requests from client to obtain and document requested modifications to work in progress.
- Remain actively involved in “day-to-day” client initiatives, including understanding of business-building, strategy, media and creative projects.
- Maintain weekly client status reports, conference reports and change orders.
- Work with account team to prepare and produce special projects and items for client presentations.
- Make arrangements for client meetings.
- Review all materials before client presentations and final production.
- Support project budgets, scope and client expectations regarding timing, schedules and process.
- Support the 12-month planning calendar.
- Gather initial project-timing feasibility evaluation (through PM).
- Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
- Champion agency process to ensure quality of work.
- Become familiar with and adhere to agency financial and operating procedures and policy.
- Supervise Assistant Account Executive (AAE), Account Coordinator (AC); inspire, motivate, train and mentor as appropriate.
Business Impact and Awareness
- Develop proactive business-building ideas for client and agency.
- Comply with quality standards for the team as set forth by leadership.
- Provide Idea Management team with timely and accurate market data, budget limits, job specifications, and marketing updates.
- Maintain accurate records of client expenditures, time utilization, billing information, client contacts, conference reports, etc.
- Stay alert for opportunities to grow clients’ business and billings.
- Understand the basic client contract.
Communication and Integration Skills
- Frequently communicate business updates to the client.
- Recap client meetings in writing.
- Clarify next steps per client direction.
- Communicate schedules and obtain the required approvals from client, per project schedule.
- Consult with appropriate stakeholders and subject-matter experts in the idea development process.
- Consult with PM before making timing commitments to client.
- Communicate to PM regarding client codes and special budget requirements.
- Obtain client approval of media plan and communicate media plan, including units, to Project Manager.
- Provide media authorization approval.
- Support client billing.
- Support opening and managing nonproduction estimates, as needed (e.g., fees, travel jobs, presentations, etc).
- Confirm work in progress is strategically and tactically correct.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years entry-level Account Management position (i.e. AAE or AC). Car/Motorcycle experience + +
Skills and Abilities: This person must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style. Excellent presentation and communication skills are required; attention to detail is necessary; organizational abilities preferred; Excel, PowerPoint skills preferred; positive attitude; drive to learn; dedication; hard-worker. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and have proficient multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize workload is required. Ability to present him/herself professionally is crucial.