The primary focus of a Digital Artist (DA) is executing the creative ideas, making the impossible, possible. Responsibilities include providing quality work partnering with the creative teams and print/interactive producers. The DA takes ownership and provides technical expertise in print and digital production. Must be team-oriented and a creative problem solver. The DA exercises best production practices in the network. Additionally, the DA must keep current with industry trends and systems.
Day to Day:
• Print production: Build mechanicals for ads, OOH, POS, collateral, etc.
• Digital production: Create assets for website, emails, banners, asset pack & style guides for web, tablet and mobile devices
• Retouching and image manipulations
• Logo and artwork clean up
• Make folding dummies and props
• Mock up brochure comps
• Print and mount posters and presentation boards
• Print and bind presentation books
• Accurately record studio time (billable & non-billable)
• Accurately record unit charges (hard cost)
• Track active job costs
• Maintain active job folders in the Digital Studio server space
• Maintain hard drive
• Archive completed jobs
• Manage server space allocated to Digital Studio
• Assist with maintaining Digital Studio equipment and art supplies
Experience: 3-5 years of solid production knowledge and experience in advertising or design studio is required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: This person must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro. Must have strong design, typography and technical skills. Must be a self-starter, meticulous, detail-oriented and highly organized. Must be able to juggle priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, efficiently and effectively. Must be a team player who possess strong interpersonal skills and maintains successful and respectful relationship within agency. Must foster a positive group culture and displays a calm presence and also be flexible.